We are now developing our Knowledge Programme for Futurebuild 2020 (03-05 March). The central theme will be on how to respond positively and effectively now to the climate and ecological emergency facing us. This will cover a wide range of topics relating to the construction industry and the built and natural environment on our six keynote stages, of which will cover a specific challenge related to that section:
- Buildings challenge: retrofitted, re-used, net positive and built to perform
- Offsite challenge: reliability and efficiency combined with creative placemaking
- Interiors challenge: sustainable and health promoting
- Resourceful materials challenge: thinking circular to reduce, reuse and recycle
- Energy challenge: accurate data for carbon accounting and reduced clean energy usage
- Critical Infrastructure challenge: delivering integrated green, grey, blue and social infrastructure
This is an opportunity to present the latest research projects, innovative technology or good practice case studies to a cross-sector audience in interactive sessions alongside other experts in the field.
We also have an ‘Innovation Pitch’ in each theatre on Tuesday 03 March where new ideas, insights or technology can be presented with the winning proposals showcased in the Arena on Wednesday 04 March.
If you have an idea, research or project that you would like to present please let us know by sending a short outline of your proposal to us by 26 July 2019.