Arc Biodiversity & Climate
- | Critical Infrastructure
- | Biodiversity
- | Biophilic Design
- | Building Products
- | Concrete
- | Design
- | Landscaping
- | Living Roofs/Walls
- | Natural Materials
- | Wildlife Protection
Arc Biodiversity and Climate is at the forefront of new thinking in environmental sustainability for development, infrastructure and regeneration.
Overwhelming evidence confirms that a healthy environment delivers lasting economic and social benefits, sustains and enhances asset values, builds community cohesion and creates long-term gains for investors.
Arc integrates ecosystem services, business performance and community wellbeing to create better and more sustainable places.
Based in the Isle of Wight Biosphere Reserve, we specialise in ecological design and eco-engineering, and the critical social purpose of reconnecting human society with its natural environment for the benefit of both. It is essential that both policy and practice prescribe a built environment, created by industrial, commercial, residential, transport, energy, waste and water infrastructures, that is fit to deliver resilient improvements for wildlife and better places for people to live, work and play.
Arc has designed a methodology for securing successful social, environmental and economic outcomes alongside nature-based solutions for promoting health, building natural capital and adapting to climate change. This is called Shaping Better Places.
Arc's services include:
- Opportunity Mapping
- Place-based thinking for better asset performance
- Optimising development for ecological, cultural and social benefit
- Technical reporting and project communications
- Integrated site surveys
- Environmental and ecological assessment
- Community consultation and public engagement
- Building-in Net Gain:
- Retaining and enhancing natural capital in plans and layouts
- Adding ecological value to buildings and hard infrastructure
- Boosting biodiversity through landscape design
- Bioreceptive product design
- Improving human health and wellbeing with nature-based solutions
- Beyond Planning Permission:
- Climate adaptation and resilience
- Growing and sustaining ‘neighbourhood’ benefits
- Building environmental gains through management and maintenance
- Client recognition, legacy and industry awards
- Simplified environmental compliance and licensing
- Bid-writing and funding support
- CPD and accreditation
- Seminars and tutorials
- In-work day sessions
- Research & Development
- University collaboration
- Innovation funding
Visit us at Futurebuild to find out how we can help you shape better places for people and wildlife...and all in brilliant ways!
Browns Golf Course
Isle of Wight Biosphere