Why now is the Time for Action
Professionals working across the built environment have a massive role to play in influencing the resilience, sustainability and quality of our homes, buildings and all elements of infrastructure and cities. Global scientific evidence and strategies like the UN Sustainable Development Goals are giving a strong message – now is the time to think the unthinkable in order to make change happen.
Our vision for Futurebuild 2019 is clear. The focus will be on bringing leading thinkers from across the built environment, and beyond, together to explore and tackle the most pressing issues impacting us all. We want to inspire and equip our visitors with the tools and knowledge they need to tackle the big challenges head on.
This inspiring conversation will take place at the central ecobuild conference, where all sessions will have an overarching theme of ‘Time For Action’. 13 challenges will be presented during the conference:
- How to meet the UN Sustainable Development Goals and UK government commitments
- How to apply innovative technology and techniques to deliver homes, major buildings and infrastructure and transform our industry
- How to transform existing homes through behaviour change, deep retrofits and market models
- How to break down barriers to reuse and remanufacture and tap into a circular economy
- How to put health and wellbeing at the heart of build design
- How to enlighten cities to contribute towards a liveable future
- How environmental protections can be strengthened in a post-Brexit Britain
- How to reinforce the connections between education, skills, research and professional standards to bridge the skills gap
- How to overcome the housing crisis
- How to limit the impacts of climate change
- How to deliver long term value and sustainable performance by building better buildings
- How to move beyond words and show leadership to respond to the climate crisis
- How to achieve real change
To kickstart the conversation and get people thinking and inspired ahead of the event, we have invited a selection of the leading thinkers who will be contributing to the programme to share their thoughts and insights around each of our key challenges. Stay tuned over the next few weeks as we host stimulating discussion around the biggest issues right here on the Futurebuild website.
If construction businesses and the communities, cities and regions in which they work are to thrive into the future, it is imperative that we adjust our mindsets and truly think the unthinkable. The ecobuild conference at Futurebuild 2019 is the platform to do that – to really take action and deliver the change. If you’re ready to commit to action with us, register to attend Futurebuild 2019 by clicking here.