Our mission & values
Making Futurebuild an impactful & responsible event for our community.
Easyfairs is committed to running Futurebuild in an environmentally and socially responsible manner by:
As part of the Easyfairs group, we are members of the Net Zero Carbon Events pledge and commit to being net zero by 2050 and to halve our greenhouse gas emissions by 2030.
Our main initiatives at the London execl:
- Removing waste streams
- Over 9,000 sqm of aisle carpets have been removed, eliminating the event’s biggest waste stream. This has led to a reduction of 27,707kg in carbon emissions
- Feature areas and shell scheme stands now use REWIND carpet, a Cradle to Cradle Certified® Silver product that requires 85% less energy to produce compared to traditional event carpets
2. Zero to landfill
- All signage is 100% recyclable including wall graphics and hanging banners and our features areas will be constructed out of reusable stand systems
- You won’t find any printed Event Guides or Pocket Planners this year as we have eliminated printed collateral, instead you can download the event App to find programmes and the floorplan
- Please help us by recycling your waste in the recycle bins provided
- When you leave Futurebuild, please use the electronic waste recycling point for your badge and collection point for your lanyard
3. Ethnically sourced catering
- We are the first event to use ExCeL catering’s new drinks cup: ‘Cupapeel’ – one of the most sustainable cups available on the market that eliminates single-use plastic waste used at Futurebuild
- We serve eco-friendly Toast beer brewed from surplus bread, and 100% Rainforest Alliance approved coffee in compostable packaging
- More vegan and vegetarian food options available!
4. Promoting public transport
- We have encouraged people to use the new Elizabeth line as the preferred method of transport for the event for those who are coming from Central London
- We also love to see people travelling to the event by bike, and this year we are offering additional cycle storage to ensure you can leave your bike safe and secure
Those joining our Take a Stand campaign are voicing something they care passionately about and believe in. This is your opportunity to take a stand!
To make a
By making a commitment, you are giving real thought to making a change. Only then will you be taking a first positive step towards a more sustainable future.
Futurebuild is your
We offer you a unique opportunity to accelerate your message and what you’re taking a stand for. We connect you with an engaged community and through this campaign, we will drive the change we need.
WHAT ARE YOU TAKING A STAND FOR?
What are you taking a stand for
Everyone within the supply chain has a solution that can make a positive change.
If you’re a supplier – what products, solutions or ideas do you have available that meet the challenges to get to net zero? Take a stand at Futurebuild 2024 and showcase your innovations to the industry’s influencers and specifiers.
If you’re a visitor – what you will you commit to help create a better industry? Register today, make your commitment – we will display all pledges at Futurebuild 2024.
Dear Exhibitors: join our green team and act for the future!
When exhibiting at Futurebuild, you are playing an essential role in helping us create a sustainable event.
Here are some actionable tips on how to make your participation more sustainable:
Select a reusable all-in stand model from the organiser or design your own stand so that the structure will be reused multiple times, year after year. Work with your stand builder to make your stand as sustainable as possible! Avoid creating a disposable stand just for one event…
Create reusable signage (without any date on it) made from recyclable materials and with eco-friendly ink when possible
Use LED lighting and other energy efficient equipment for your stand and don’t forget to turn it off at the end of the day
Try not to use carpet, and if your really need it, chose preferably reusable carpet tiles. If you use regular carpet, ensure that it is recyclable and that it will be recycled
When possible, chose public transport or carpool with your colleagues
Choose a hotel within walking distance and/or applying eco-friendly practices
For your transport, consolidate your shipments and use preferably transport and logistic companies applying sustainable practices
Favour local suppliers to support the local economy and reduce transport
Favour suppliers presenting environmental and social credentials
Bring your own reusable water bottle to take advantage of our water fountains and help us reduce the use of single-use plastic
If you serve food on your stand, select preferably locally sourced and plant-based options and avoid the use of single-use plastics
Avoid wasting food and only order the quantity needed
Take an active part to the multiple initiatives and discussions during the event which will support the sustainable development of your sector
Inspire visitors by showcasing the sustainable credentials of your products
Join our green team and act for the future!
We cannot do this alone! Help us make this event more sustainable!